The Greater Accra region section of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) populace have released a press statement congratulating former President John Dramani Mahama for emerging victorious in the just ended primaries of the party.
A letter dated May 14 and signed by the regional communications director, Jerry Johnson expressed that Mr. Mahama’s victory was long anticipated given his track record.
The former president won the presidential primaries by a total of 98.9% votes, an emphatic endorsement for him to lead the party in the presidential race come 2024.
The press statement also listed all parliamentarian aspirants who have emerged winners of the primaries and congratulated them.
“Your victory was far long anticipated, given your track record on development and good governance in only one term that you were in office as president of the Republic of Ghana.
That being a legitimate barometer, it is our hope that you will emerge the winner of the 2024 general elections and be declared the president to enable you lead in building the Ghana we want.
In relation to your victory as the Presidential Candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), we also wish to extend same congratulatory message to all
Parliamentary Candidates Elect especially, the following Parliamentary Candidates Elect in the Greater Accra Region*;
1. Ada – Hon. Comfort Doyoe Cudjoe
2. Ashaiman – Hon. Ernest Henry Norgbey
3. Shai Osudoku – Hon. Linda Akweley Ocloo
4. Ayawaso East – Hon. Naser Mahama Toure
5. Ayawaso North – Hon. Yussif Issaka Jajah
6. Ablekuma South – Hon. Dr. Alfred Okoe Vanderpuye
7. Ablekuma Central – Hon. Abdul-Latif Dan
8. Ningo Prampram – Hon. Samuel Nartey George
9. Adentan – Hon. Mohammed Adamu Ramadan
10. Madina – Hon. Lawyer Francis Xavier Kojo Sosu
11. Krowor – Hon. Agnes Naa Momo Lartey
12. Ledzokuku – Hon. Benjamin Narteh Ayiku
13. La Dadekotopon – Hon. Rita Naa Odoley Sowah
14. Klotey Korley – Hon. Dr. Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings
15. Kpone Katamanso – Hon. Joseph Akueteh Tetteh
16. Tema East – Hon. Isaac Ashai Odamtten
17. Okaikoi North – Hon. Theresa Lardi Awuni
18. Sege – Daniel Keshi Bessey
19. Tema Central – Hon. Ebi Bright
20. Tema West – Hon. Lawyer James Enu
21. Ablekuma North – Hon. Awura Abena Aubynn
22. Dome Kwabenya – Elikplim Akurugu
23. Domeabra Obom – Hon. Isaac Awuku Yibor
24. Bortianor/Ngleshie Amanfrom – Hon. Felix Akwetey Okley
25. Weija Gbawe – Hon. Felix Odartey Lamptey
26. Anyaa Sowutuom – Hon. Emmanuel Adotey Allotey
27. Trobu – Hon. Dr. John Kofi Halm
28. Ayawaso Central – Hon. Abdul Rauf Tongym Tubazu
29. Okaikoi Central – Hon. Baba Sadiq Abdulai Abu
30. Okaikoi South – Hon. Ernest Adomako
31. Ablekuma West- Hon. Rev. Kweku Addo
32. Amasaman – Sedem Kweku Afenyo
It’s important to advise that, the NDC party is a political fraternity where unity is exemplified.
We therefore urge all contestants to deem the contest as a process of electing a leader and not a process characterized by anger to determine Winners and Losers.
And to those who could not get the mandate of the people, we wish to use this medium to wish them a better luck next time.It is our hope that every single NDC member would put behind the perceived infractions of the other, and join hands for a common victory in the 2024 elections.
With unity, NDC victory is assured, and the Ghana we want would be produced by H.E. John Dramani Mahama as President. “
(Regional Communications Officer)
Thank you for reading from Dehotpress, a Ghanaian news website. You are welcome to share this story on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and you can also follow us there.